1. Help, O Lord, for the godly are fast disappearing!
The faithful have vanished from the earth!
When all seems lost
2 Neighbors lie to each other,
speaking with flattering lips and deceitful hearts.
Suspicion of neighbors, the psalmist thinks kind words are deceit.
3. May the Lord cut off their flattering lips
and silence their boastful tongues.
When we need help we Ask God to stop the talk
4. They say, “We will lie to our hearts’ content.
Our lips are our own—who can stop us?”
Interesting the psalmist is now saying it is his own words that are lying.
5. The Lord replies, “I have seen violence done to the helpless,
and I have heard the groans of the poor.
Now I will rise up to rescue them,
as they have longed for me to do.”
God sees and hears, and will answer the prayer
6. The Lord’s promises are pure,
like silver refined in a furnace,
purified seven times over.
His promises are true and pure, but at the same time, there is a refinement in the fire, not only once, but seven times.
7. Therefore, Lord, we know you will protect the oppressed,
preserving them forever from this lying generation,
The Lord will protect
8. even though the wicked strut about,
and evil is praised throughout the land.
Simply You Matter when the wicked are a problem. His promises are flawless for you and He knows how to protect you!