I love how this Psalm starts out. The Psalmist tells God what he will produce or rather what he
will believe. He declares I commit my life and I will depend on you.
Verse 2: the Psalmist asks God to not allow disgrace.
Verse 3: He realizes that all who trusts because disgrace comes from deceivers.
I love how humble the psalmist is:
Verse 4: he is receptive to being taught the Godly path
Verse 5: He understands he needs to be lead to the truth, he sees he does not perceive the truth without God
In these verses, the Psalmist reminds God of his tenderness and boundless love.
My favorite part of this Psalm is in verse 7, “Remember me in the light of your unfailing love,”
He is asking God to read through the lenses of unfailing love, not the lenses of judgment of past offenses.
In these verses, The Psalmist tells what he perceives are the Components of God.
- Does right
- Leads the humble while teaching
- Leads with unfailing love and faithfulness
Tells what God will accomplish to his friends whose minds are set on Him
- He will determine the correct path
- They will thrive in prosperity
- Their children will succeed in the land
- He teaches
- He rescues
The Psalmist now tells God his concerns. In this Psalm, we can obtain the order of how prayers are to be structured.
- The Psalmist first tells God what he, the psalmist will do
- Open to doing Gods will
- Reminds God of who the Psalmist knows about God
- Reminds God of His characteristics
- Reminds God, that he is a friend and fixes his eyes on God
- The Psalmist tells God his troubles
The Psalmist ends with this statement in verse 21, “May integrity and honesty protect me, for I put my hope in you.”
- O Lord, I give my life to you.
- I trust in you, my God!
Do not let me be disgraced,
or let my enemies rejoice in my defeat.
- No one who trusts in you will ever be disgraced,
but disgrace comes to those who try to deceive others.
- Show me the right path, O Lord;
point out the road for me to follow.
- Lead me by your truth and teach me,
for you are the God who saves me.
All day long I put my hope in you.
- Remember, O Lord, your compassion and unfailing love,
which you have shown from long ages past.
- Do not remember the rebellious sins of my youth.
Remember me in the light of your unfailing love,
for you are merciful, O Lord.
- The Lord is good and does what is right;
he shows the proper path to those who go astray.
- He leads the humble in doing right,
teaching them his way.
- The Lord leads with unfailing love and faithfulness
all who keep his covenant and obey his demands.
- For the honor of your name, O Lord,
forgive my many, many sins.
- Who are those who fear the Lord?
He will show them the path they should choose.
- They will live in prosperity,
and their children will inherit the land.
- The Lord is a friend to those who fear him.
He teaches them his covenant.
- My eyes are always on the Lord,
for he rescues me from the traps of my enemies.
- Turn to me and have mercy,
for I am alone and in deep distress.
- My problems go from bad to worse.
Oh, save me from them all!
- Feel my pain and see my trouble.
Forgive all my sins.
- See how many enemies I have
and how viciously they hate me!
- Protect me! Rescue my life from them!
Do not let me be disgraced, for in you I take refuge.
- May integrity and honesty protect me,
for I put my hope in you.
- O God, ransom Israel
from all its troubles.
SIMPLY YOU MATTER AS YOU HAVE YOUR EYES FIXED ON HIM,